I’ve had Simplicity 1059 for over two years, and haven’t made it until now. I even made a muslin of it about two years ago. I knew from the muslin that I wasn’t going to be happy with it, so I set it aside. Fast forward to this summer, I was perusing my pattern stash to match with fabrics that I had purchased with no plans in mind. I thought that it would be a good pattern to use for this grey and yellow cheetah print fabric I picked up from Fabric Mart Fabrics. I pulled out the muslin (Yes, I still had it, but I have since cut it up to use as a muslin for a LeKala pattern I will review soon), tried it on, and decided to make it as is, and see what would happen.
As a pattern review, I made a Size 6 of View A. It looks similar to the pattern artwork, but the neckline isn’t as low. This isn’t usually my style, but I tried it to see if I would like it. I would make adjustments to the pattern if I were to make it again.I would lengthen the sleeve and adjust the armhole and sleeve for a better range of motion. I think I would also lower the neckline a little. I knew these things from the muslin, but decided to make it stock and see if my impressions from the muslin were accurate. They were 🙂 You never know unless you try. 🙂 By the way, I took these pictures at 12pm on one of the few sunny days this month. It was bright and beautiful and too hot to be wearing polyester! LOL I was sweating buckets even though there was a slight breeze, and I promise my eyes are open! LOL